A simple recipe for chickpeas and Spinach Tapas that can also had on Bruschettas
"...a hearty and easy vegetarian tapas..."
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
10 oz (283 g) spinach
4 slices of bread, cubed
20 almonds, whole
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas
1/2 cup frito sauce
1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add half the spinach and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until wilted. Set aside and do the same with the remaining spinach, using an additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add cubed bread, remaining tablespoon of olive oil and almonds. Cook until bread is golden brown and crispy. Add garlic, cumin, and smoked paprika and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Place bread and almond mixture into a food processor and add the red wine vinegar. Pulse until crumbly and return to skillet.
4. Add the chickpeas, frito sauce, water and wilted spinach. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with toast or on bruschettas.